The DVD player was able to play most formats that were tried on it quite easily and in addition to that, you can also connect USB/SD devices to play media directly from your hard drive. Since the device auto detects media files from external storage devices and folder selection is not supported, you would need to make sure that your target media files are not located under too many folders and sub-folders because the player may not be able to find it in that case. The IR works well and the sound quality was satisfactory when coupled with an IR headphone. The included speakers are good as well, but it is best if you connect the CLD-700 to external speakers to truly enjoy advanced sound effects from 5.1 DVDs. It should be mentioned though, that a few complaints were heard from certain customers regarding the DVD player’s audio/FM capabilities. It seems that in certain units, the static interference is not only existent, but is often very loud, especially when starting for the first time. However, others have reported that the FM transmitter works great, while the sound output even has a cinematic effect. Quality of picture on the 7″ screen is clear, sharp and bright enough to impress most of us after considering the price of the product; No problem was experienced or heard from customers regarding the picture quality.
The supplied remote control is an apt unit that lets you control your media effectively and with ease. Everything about the Concept CLD-700 Chameleon looks neat, feels well made and functions as it’s supposed to. What this means is that if you choose this product then you will probably like it very much and even if certain small things fail to keep up to your expectations, just consider the price and the chances are that those shortcomings will start to seem microscopic.
- CLD-700 Headrest Monitor with Built-in DVD Source Comes with Black, Gray and Tan Interchangeable Covers to Match the Interior of Your Vehicle
- 7″ Widescreen TFT LCD Headrest with LED Backlit Panels for Exceptions Picture Quality, High Efficiency and Longer Life
- Free Tilt Mechanism Allows for Adjusting Screen to Optional Viewing Angle and Adjustable Posts between 4 to 7 Inches
- Pixel Resolution: 480 X 3 (RGB) X 234 Brightness: 400 CD/M2 PAL/NTSC Compatible
- Built-In Front AV Input and Dual IR Transmitter